Insurance - For Residents
Through a partnership with the Resident Doctors of Saskatchewan (RDoS), the SMA provides life and disability insurance to medical residents attending the University of Saskatchewan (U of S). Premiums are paid for by the U of S, per the RDoS collective agreement and coverage may be continued upon completion of residency by simply assuming the premium payments, even if you relocate outside of Saskatchewan.
Please note, applications and information regarding your insurance are not available online at this time. Please contact a member of the SMA Membership & Benefits Team to learn more at email@example.com.
SMA/RDoS Life Insurance
- $100,000 term life insurance with waiver of premium (WOP) rider included with no medical underwriting
- Name any beneficiary
- Additional life insurance and spousal life insurance available up to $5,000,000
SMA/RDoS Disability Insurance
- Maximum coverage based on PGY salary
- Coverage increases automatically as you move through residency years
- Optional riders available
- Medical underwriting required based on coverage amount ($2500 guaranteed)
Who can I contact if I have questions?
For more information, please contact SMA Insurance Team: