Physician Leadership Institute (PLI)
CMA JOULE - SMA IN-HOUSE LEADERSHIP COURSES
The SMA is changing the CMA Joule - SMA PLI “in-house” course offerings this year to better support SMA physician leaders. For 2022, the following three streams of PLI courses will be offered:
1.In-house courses for all SMA physician members.
The following two PLI courses will be held this Fall - SAVE THE DATE (more information will be released shortly)
- October 3 & 4 - Managing Disruptive Behavior (in-person - Saskatoon office)
- November 28 & 29 - Insights Discovery (virtual)
Communication will be sent out to members once details are finalized.
Additional courses may be offered pending interest and availability.
2. In-house courses targeted to SMA Medical Staff Association (MSA) Presidents and their Executive.
Two PLI courses will be offered this Fall.
MSA Presidents/Executive will be notified directly with registration details.
3. In-house courses targeted to SMA Section Chairs and their Executive.
Two courses will be offered this Fall.
Section Chairs/Executives will be notified directly with registration details.
Why choose a CMA Joule - SMA In-House PLI course?
No matter where you are in your career - practising physician, medical student or resident - the Physician Leadership Institute (PLI) will prepare you to be a more effective leader. The PLI is the CMA Joule's leadership development program.
With targeted funding, the SMA has brought the CMA Joule PLI series in-house, delivering the courses at a reduced cost to our members.
When you enroll in a PLI course, you can be confident that:
- course content and examples will be practical and relevant to health care and medical practice in Canada
- instructors are subject-matter and education experts with an intimate knowledge of Canada’s health care environment
- learning approaches incorporate multiple perspectives, include real-life, real-time activities and promote rich problem-solving among peers
- classmates are medical and health care professionals with interests and needs similar to your own
- Registration/Payment: All registrations and credit card payments will now be done through CMA Joule through the "Register HERE" links provided on this web page. If a member would like to use a credit obtained from a previous cancelled course, has a seat sponsorship, is a student/resident, or would prefer to pay by cheque, please contact (306) 244-2196 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
- Cancellation Policy: Registrants who cancel within one month of the course date will be issued a credit to be used towards a future CMA Joule - SMA in-house course. This credit will have a one year expiration date. Cancellations received prior to one month, will be given a full refund. Please contact (306) 244-2196 or email@example.com for cancellations.
- Eligibility to Attend: These courses are open to Saskatchewan physicians, medical learners and associated stakeholders. SMA/CMA membership is mandatory to attend our in-house PLI courses. If you are an associated stakeholder and would like more information on how to register, please contact (306) 244-2196 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maximum capacity - 30 seats per course.
CMA Joule - SMA In-house PLI Fees:
- $500/seat per VIRTUAL course
- $650/seat per IN-PERSON course
Attention: Medical students and residents
The SMA will sponsor four seats for medical students/residents per course. If you are interested in one of these sponsored seats, please contact (306) 244-2196 or email@example.com to have your name added to the student/resident waiting list for each course. A draw may be done to award these seats.
For more information on In-house PLI courses:
Please contact Delilah Cerniuk at (306) 244-2196 or firstname.lastname@example.org