SMA seeks nominations for 2022 physician, resident, and student leadership awards
The Saskatchewan Medical Association (SMA) is seeking nominations for the 2022 SMA Leadership Awards.
The annual awards were launched in 2019 to recognize the importance of leadership in medicine. They celebrate a Saskatchewan student, resident, and practicing physician for their leadership qualities in their professional and/or personal lives.
Promoting leadership in medicine is a strategic priority of the SMA, noted SMA president Dr. John Gjevre. The SMA strives to support physicians and learners who take on leadership roles, he said, adding many have assumed new duties during the pandemic or expanded the normal scope of their work.
“Physicians have answered the call to lead their colleagues, as have residents and students who have adapted to changing learning environments,” said Dr. Gjevre. “The SMA Leadership Awards provide an opportunity for physicians and learners to nominate and recognize their colleagues who have provided exemplary leadership during the past year.”
Please submit your nomination by Monday, Aug. 15, 2022.
Click on the links below for more information:
The awards will be announced at the 2022 Fall Representative Assembly scheduled for Oct. 28-29, 2022, in Regina. Categories for the SMA Leadership Awards align with those offered by the Canadian Medical Association. The SMA is hopeful that these local awards will inspire submissions at the national level. Previous recipients are:
- Physician Leader of the Year – Dr. Michael Bayda
- Resident Leader of the Year – Dr. Amit Persad
- Student Leader of the Year – Dr. Carissa McGuin
- Physician Leader of the Year – Dr. Veronica McKinney
- Resident Leader of the Year – Dr. Emmett Harrison
- Student Leader of the Year – Dr. Kate Morrison
- Physician Leader of the Year – Dr. Julie Kryzanowski
- Resident Leader of the Year – Dr. Jessica Harris
- Student Leader of the Year – Dr. Jacqueline Carverhill
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.