COVID-19 Information and Resources
Physician Health and Wellness
The resources below can help you stay well as you provide care during these unprecedented circumstances. If you are struggling, please contact Brenda Senger (306-657-4553 or firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Physician Support Programs, or Jessica Richardson, Clinical Coordinator in Regina (306-359-2750 or email@example.com).
- Physician Health Program
- Physician Wellness Hub (CMA)
- Physician Wellness and Support (SHA) | Including Physician Wellness Boost Presentations
- Maintaining wellness during a pandemic (CMA)
- A clinician’s guide: Managing COVID-19 stress and anxiety (CMA/Joule)
- Managing health-care workers’ stress associated with the COVID-19 virus outbreak
- Practical help for health care providers (SMSS program)
- Resilient Workplace information and resources (SHA)
Pandemic Compensation and Finances
The Saskatchewan Medical Association has successfully negotiated compensation for physicians during the pandemic including virtual care fee codes and a 14-day COVID-19 illness and mandatory self-isolation benefit. Learn more below.
- Pandemic Compensation
- Financial guidance for physicians during COVID-19 (CMA and MD Financial)
- Virtual Care
Practising during COVID-19
The resources below are compiled to help you prepare yourself, your staff and your practice to provide care and operate safely during the pandemic.
COVID-19 information for physicians (SHA/Ministry of Health)
COVID-19 information for health care providers (SHA/Ministry of Health)
- Posters, handouts and social media materials to encourage conversations with vaccine hesitant patients
The SMA has developed a suite of materials for use around your clinic to encourage conversations between physicians and unvaccinated patients. There are posters the can be put up around the clinic, in waiting rooms and exam rooms; handouts that can be printed and handed out to patients as they arrive, and social media panels that can be shared from your clinic and personal accounts. These materials take a tone of empathy and non-judgment which has been shown to be the most effective at promoting constructive conversations.
- POSTER | Ask your doc about vaccine: Elderly couple
- POSTER | Ask your doc about vaccine: Middle aged man
- POSTER | Ask your doc about vaccine: Pregnant businesswoman
- POSTER | Ask your doc about vaccine: Student
- POSTER | Ask your doc about vaccine: Tradesperson
- POSTER | Ask your doc about vaccine: Mom with baby
- HANDOUT | Ask your doc about vaccine 1
- HANDOUT | Ask your doc about vaccine 2
- SOCIAL | Ask your doc about vaccine: Elderly couple
- SOCIAL | Ask your doc about vaccine: Middle aged man
- SOCIAL | Ask your doc about vaccine: Pregnant businesswoman
- SOCIAL | Ask your doc about vaccine: Student
- SOCIAL | Ask your doc about vaccine: Tradesperson
- SOCIAL | Ask your doc about vaccine: Mom with baby
Practice Alert Archive
Since the beginning of the pandemic, the SMA has issued Practice Alerts to physicians to bring the most up-to-date practice and COVID-19 related information to their inboxes in a single email. To view previous Practice Alerts, please visit our archive page.